The Westfall Team's Mission is to promote the advancement of software excellence by helping our clients achieve effective and efficient software engineering, software quality, information technology, risk management and project management practices.
Our Vision of Client Success:
The Westfall Team partners with our clients to identify and provide practical solutions that improve the client’s capabilities to develop and maintain high quality software-intensive products. We provide our clients with training solutions tailored to ensure effective transfer of practical tools and techniques that can be immediately incorporated to improve on-the-job performance. We facilitate the incorporation of industry recognized practices into our client’s systems and processes in order to increase their capabilities and allow them to better handle the complexities driven by software size, functionality, quality and time-to-market constraints. We help our clients establish, develop and maintain common sense systems and processes that:
- Match the way they actually do business
- Maximize quality and business value
- Minimize cycle time and rework
- Increase management insight and visibility
- Enhance organizational and individual learning
- Reduce bureaucratic overhead
- Manage and protect intellectual capital
Linda Westfall is teaching open enrollment offerings of the following courses (click here for more information, or to register for one or more of these course):
Software Auditor Skills course on June 20-21, 2018 in Richland, WA
Certified Software Quality Engineering (CSQE) Preparation course on June 25-28, 2018 in Richland, WA
Free Webinar Recording! Scrum 101 - A Basic Overview of the Agile Scrum Process presented by Linda Westfall
This webinar is a basic introduction to the Agile Scrum process. It describes the duties of the three major Scrum roles of Product Owner, Scrum Development Team and Scrum Master. It also discusses the basic steps in the Scrum process, including the:
- Scrum Planning Meeting
- Sprint (Iteration) and Scrum Meeting (Daily Stand-Up)
- Sprint Demonstration
- Sprint Retrospective
- Product Backlog Refinement Meeting
This webinar counts towards recertification units. After viewing this recording you can send an email to email@example.com to request a certificate as proof for ASQ Recertification Unit (0.15) or PMI PUs (1.5).
- Congratulations to Linda Westfall for being awarded the ASQ 2018 Edwards Medal at the ASQ World Conference on Quality and Improvement this year. The Edwards Medal was presented by ASQ President Elmer Corbin to Linda "For outstanding leadership and contribution to software quality tools, standards, processes, and training nationally and internationally."
The Edwards Medal is presented to the individual who has demonstrated the most outstanding leadership in the application of modern quality control methods, especially through the organization and administration of such work. The Medal is named for George DeForest Edwards, the first president of ASQ (1946-48), who was the head of the inspection engineering department of Bell Telephone Laboratories and was Bell’s Director of Quality Assurance, where he made many contributions.
The list of past recipients includes the following elite tier of Quality figures who have inspired their own ASQ Medals:
- 1997 Spencer Hutchens Jr.
- 1993 John D. Hromi
- 1982 Thomas C. McDermott Jr.
- 1981 Philip B. Crosby
- 1972 E. Jack Lancaster
- 1969 Dorian Shainin
- 1965 Armand V. Feigenbaum
- 1961 Joseph M. Juran
- The Certified Software Quality Engineer Handbook, 2nd Edition by Linda Westfall is now available.
Linda Westfall is teaching twp ASQ open enrollment offerings of our Certified Software Quality Engineering (CSQE) Preparation course :
- On May 21-25, 2018 in Baltimore, MD
- On November 5-9, 2018 in San Diego, CA
Louise Tamres is teaching an ASQ open enrollment offering of our Software Quality Engineering course on June 11-15, 2018 in Oak Brook, IL