Certified Software Quality Engineering Quiz #5
1. The ISO/EIA/IEEE 12207 standard establishes:
A. requirements for Software Quality Assurance plans.
B. a common framework for software life cycle processes.
C. requirements for quality management systems.
D. a roadmap for process maturity.
2. Which of the following defines the requirements for what needs to be done when performing an activity?
D. Work instruction
3. The requirement for the implementation of a firewall in an intranet-based system would be an example of which of the following types of requirements?
4. It would be appropriate to perform a hazard analysis if which of the following risks exist?
A. The risk that the software security of a Human Resources System would be breached and confidential information would be compromised.
B. The risk that an inaccurate pressure reading by Energy Management and Building Automation System software would result in a boiler explosion.
C. The risk that the Customer Billing System software would not be delivered on time and result in the software producer paying penalties under the contract.
D. The risk that a bug in a Word Processing package would cause a corruption of the files being saved by that package.
5. In order to determine the root cause of customer reported defects, an analysis is being done of a sample of 350 software problem reports. The type of each problem (for example, logic error, missing requirements, data initialization error) was determined. Which of the following tools would be the best choice for communicating the results of this study?
A. Affinity diagram
B. Scatter diagram
C. Pie chart
D. Pareto chart
6. An input is specified as having a valid value that must be input as “urgent”, “high”, “medium” or “low”. How many equivalence classes does this input have?
7. The product baseline is established when:
A. the system requirements are completed and approved.
B. the system requirements are allocated to the software and the software requirements are approved.
C. the software design specification are completed and approved.
D. the software project is completed and the software is approved for distribution into operations.